Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hair

Now, I only have the revival cast recording, but I must say it is VERY good. I always thought of myself as an opened minded, theatre hippie, but it took Hair to really open my eyes, along w Rent, to what love and acceptance really are. It stares Caissie Levy, Will Swenson, Gavin Creel, Allison Case (on medical leave), and a few other people. It is set during the vietnam war, and is about a set of hippies who want the war to be over, and peace all around. Which, still resounds today, with the war in Iraq, and the current gay rights issue. Hair is just a beautiful album to go along with a beautiful show.

2 comments:

  1. I have all three Hair recordings (Original Broadway, Original Motion Picture, Broadway Revival) and they just keep getting better! But particularly Gavin Creel, every time that man opens his mouth to sing I just sit and stare in awe. Yet my only regret when it comes to Hair is that Jonathan Groff didn't record during his time as Claude.


    PS. This is @jaymour from twitter :]

    ReplyDelete