Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Musicals

This is my first time blogging, so this is just going to be a short post. I have always loved musicals, thanks to my Grandparents, my whole life, but never really knew anything about them. My first musical was a movie musical, The Wizard Of Oz, which I can imagine are most peoples first musical experience. Since then, I have always have had a little intrest in them, seeing the musical movies Moulin Rouge, The Sound of Music, and Chicago. My first real life performance was Jesus Christ Superstar. All though I loved it, it didnt really peak my interest. That was my freshman year in high school. In my junior year in high school, I saw The Lion King. Again, although I loved it, I was fine if I didnt see it again. Then, in November of 2008, I read the book Wicked. And that is when my eyes opened. I HAD to see this musical. It totally flipped my views on what I had thought about the Wizard Of Oz on its head. My mom bought me the album about a month after I read the book, and I was in love. Again, I HAD to see this musical. Then right before christmas, I got the greatest news ever. IT WAS COMING TO MY CITY ON TOUR!!! As soon as I got money, I went to get a ticekt. So the time came, in March, for me to go see it. On opening day. I was freaking out. The whole performance was beautiful. From every song to word to light que I was hooked. My cousin decided to take me as payment for watching her house, during that same tour. Again, I was hooked. Both times, I cried after it was over. Not a little cry. A big, sobbing, snotty cry. It blew my mind. I was addicted. I found out everything I could about musicals, the people who act, sing, and do everything I can to learn about musicals. So, that is my story, and I will be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment